IT Company in Sandton is looking for IT Infrastructure support to join their dynamic team. Candidate must be able to speak fluent Afrikaans and must have a valid passport to travel abroad to Australia, Europe and the US paid by the company.
Salary: Negotiable CTC with medical aid (Optional)
- A+ and N+ Certification
- MCITP or MSCE (Beneficial)
Purpose of the role:
- Analyzing and interpreting the requests to ensure the classification, prioritization, and escalation of the requests are correct.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure the quick resolution of faults and the user and/or client are kept updated on the progress in relation to the resolution of the fault.
- Identification of failures and short-comings in the current processes and escalate with recommendations.
- Addressing the issues logged by the clients in a professional and timely fashion.
- Be responsible for receiving, validating and logging service requests.
- Tracking and updating logged requests.
- Service Desk / Server / Desktop Support
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software issues around Microsoft and Linux technologies
- Ability to research and solve problems/challenges on a day to day basis
- Must be able to adapt to change (Infrastructure and Environment)
- Need to travel to clients site
- International travel from time to time overseas (Australia, Europe, US)
- Software Installation and configuration of desktop and laptops.
- Active Directory
- System Centre
- MS Server
- MS Desktop operating system
- MS Clustering technology
- VMware, VPN, IP, GRE tunneling
- Linux and Red Hat Linux.
- Networking and routing
- Firewalls, services/protocols, IPS/IDS & Antivirus
- Expertise in MS Windows editions and MS Office editions
- Configuration and troubleshooting of workstations using multiple Remote applications.
- Working knowledge of mail setup on mobile phone platforms (Android, IOS and other)
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Assist in technical upgrading and maintaining of entire desktop systems.
- End Point solutions – encryption, etc
- SMTP/Email, SPAM, whitelisting, blacklisting, phishing and data loss prevention.
- Only south Africans may apply
- CV & Salary details to lea @ ictrecruit. co. za
- Please note the company may give an assessment with the interview