Company in Sandton is looking to expand their team of Database Administrators working under the supervision of the CIO and Projects Director, the ideal candidate must have hands on technical ability to administer Microsoft SQL Server Database Environment. T-SQL Scripting and development on both new and existing functions. Troubleshoot and resolve SQL server, database and data issues. Security maintenance of SQL server and database. Maintenance and monitoring of SQL environment. Provide debugging assistance to development staff. Monitoring and completion of all DBA related Service desk calls. Backup setup and monitoring. Maintaining and upgrading the database and data integration platforms, to an error free and optimum performance state.
Salary: R 350 K – R 400 K per annum or R 30 000 – R 33 000 per month, negotiable on skill.
- IT Diploma with emphasis on Data Management
- Sc. (Computer Science) (advantageous)
- At least 5 years Database Administrator working experience
- Knowledge of logical and physical database modeling concepts and techniques
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of database performance factors, monitoring tools and tuning procedures
- Knowledge of relational database design and implementation
- Microsoft SQL Server experience (SQL 2008/2012/2014) with Transact-SQL, writing of stored procedures, views, triggers, common table expressions, windowing functions, creating indexes and constraints
- Thorough knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 features including Service Broker, Change Data Capture, Table Partitioning, Replication, and Data Compression
- Knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services
- BI/DW systems design and development
- Crystal Reports and SQL Reports (SSRS) experience
- To perform database administration.
- To support, maintain, and monitor current ETL processes.
- To conduct root cause analysis and resolve production problems and data issues.
- To lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for database performance monitoring and proactive intervention using appropriate tools.
- Database Security
- Setup, Manage and Monitor Database Replication (DR Synchronization), Maintenance, and Backups
- Deployment of change scripts.
- Analysis of performance of databases
- Manage security settings and developer interaction
- Manage Encryption of Data
- Conduct capacity planning
- Preparing systems for SQL Server Installation
- Backing up and restoring SQL Server databases
- SQL Server Recovery Models
- Working with Database Files and File groups
- Performance Optimization and Tuning
- Assigning User/Group Permissions
- Documentation: Maintain diagrams and other logical and physical database setup details
- Only South African Citizens may apply
- CV & Salary slip to email@example.com
- NB!! Use Reference in Subject line: SQL Database Administrator LR (Sandton)
- 4 – 5 contactable references must be provided